Saturday, January 18, 2014

Wine Cork Boards

Welcome to my blog, and my very first post!

I was looking for a quick craft tonight, and something to do with all of the save the dates we've received this year. We know 6 people getting married in 2014!

I decided to make a set of 3 wine cork boards. here's how:

1)To start I took a flap from a box that was big enough to make 3 square cork boards.

2) Then I simply, and I use the word "simply" loosely, cut the corks in half. Be careful using the knife, they are sharp. DUH!
          TIP: The real corks are a pain in the butt to cut, while the fake corks cut like BUTTER!

3) Glue the corks on the cardboard in the shape you want. Try to get the corks to line up so you have even lines. I used hot glue, but you could use any type of glue that you want.

4) Cut around the edges of the corks to create the shape you want.

5) To hang the cork boards I found these hangers in the picture frame hanging kit we had. I used hot glue again to attach the hooks.


6) Voila you are done! Check out my next post on how to make your own push pins!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment